Bristol Charities has four main areas of charitable funding:
- 1. Relief in Need
- 2. Relief in Sickness and Disability
- 3. The Ella Mary Merchant Fund for the Relief of Carers
- 4. Educational Funds for the Advancement of Education
Individual Grants awarded for:
- Relief in Need
- Relief in Sickness and Disability
- Relief of Carers
For the purpose of Grant giving the above three programmes are administered together.
- People in need, hardship or distress
- People who suffer from ill health, are convalescent or have a disability
- Carers who have limited means
Please note all applicants must live within a 10 mile radius of the centre of Bristol. In exceptional cases, however, the Trustees may decide to assist someone who otherwise qualifies who is resident outside the City of Bristol or is only temporarily resident in the City of Bristol.
Type of Help:
Funding is available for:
- White goods (washing machines, fridges/freezers, electric cookers) up to £350
- Small electrical equipment (vacuums and microwaves)
- Cots, beds and mattresses
- Starter packs (kitchen crockery)
- Respite breaks for carers
- Nursing/care services to provide break for carers
- Support to carers after the death of the person being cared for
We cannot help with the following:
- Tumble dryers or dishwashers
- Gas cookers
- T.V's, P.C's, or audio equipment
- Baby equipment
- Fees for those in care
- Rent arrears, DRO's or any kind of debt
Applicants can apply for a number of grants up to the value of £350 in a three-year period. Please note, there is only one voucher permitted per household.
How to Apply
Applications must be made using our online grant application form. The application needs to be made by a sponsor who is usually a professional such as a social worker, support worker, housing officer, healthcare professional or other similar support agencies.
Once an application is submitted and approved, a voucher is issued to the applicant or their sponsor which can be used at one of our approved suppliers. All vouchers have expiry dates and must be used within one month from the date of notification.
All referral agencies and sponsors are asked to complete a simple registration process in order to use our new online grant application form. Please press link below to find out how to register as a sponsor.
If you are a sponsor who has already registered and wish to make a subsequent application please refer to the instructions sent to you in your acceptance email. If you no longer have this email please contact our Grants Officer on the email address below.
Please note, Bristol Charities are no longer receiving paper applications. All applications must be submitted online by a sponsor.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact: email@example.com